UK T1 Investor Visa route closed | 英国T1投资移民签证关停说明
According to the latest news released by the UK Home Office, considering the intense situation between Russia and Ukraine, the UK is concerned about a large amount of Russian dirty money flowing into the UK through T1 Investor route and conducting illegal financial activities. The visa route officially closed at 16.00pm UK time on 17th February and no new applications will be accepted. According to the information disclosed so far, the T1 Investor visa you already hold will not be affected, but you need to pay attention to the following two dates:
1. T1投资移民路径下的续签申请， 最晚于2026年2月17日前申请；
1. Extension applications under the T1 Investor route should be applied before February 17, 2026 at the latest;
2. Indefinite leave to remain applications under the T1 Investor route should be applied before February 17, 2028 at the latest;
That means: if you are considering obtaining UK indefinite leave to remain through the 5-year route, you must meet the residency requirement in the UK from 17 February 2023 at the latest, and cannot leave the UK for more than 180 days in any continuous 365 days, otherwise there is no longer any remedial opportunity to continue to apply for extension and indefinite leave to remain.
If you want to get your settlement status faster and avoid any subsequent policy changes, you can still speed up your indefinite leave to remain application by:
1. 增加投资至 £5million，自投资额达标起满足3年的居住条件，主申请人即可申请永居；
2. 增加投资至 £10million，自投资额达标起满足2年的居住条件，主申请人即可申请永居；
1. Increase the investment to £5million, and the main applicant can apply for ILR after meeting the residence conditions for 3 years after the investment amount reaches the standard;
2. Increase the investment to £10million, and the main applicant can apply for ILR after meeting the residence conditions for 2 years after the investment amount reaches the standard;
If you currently hold a T1 Investor visa but have not yet started investing, or you have invested £2 million and want to accelerate your ILR by increasing your investment level, you are welcome to contact us at any time, we can still help you provide comprehensive assistance.
Regarding dependant visa:
At present, the visas of all investors and their spouses and children will not be affected by the closure of route, and Dependent Visas can still be applied as usual.
We will continue to pay attention to the policy released by the Home Office, and please make plans as soon as possible according to your own situation, especially the residency time you spend in the UK. If you wish to increase your investment level and obtain ILR status as soon as possible, please also contact us to discuss in further detail.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us and wish you all the best!
St Mary's Private Wealth